Upload your Podium Presentations to the AAPA Secure Server here.
Again this year, all presenters will be required to upload their slides from the speaker ready room (Convention Center Room 19) or by March 27, rather than directly to the computers in the individual session rooms. All talks will be immediately deleted following the talk.
Safety Contact Information is available here.
Please read the Conduct of Ethics for AAPA meeting attendance.
PDFs of the final meeting program and abstract book are now available. A user-friendly online version of the program is available here.
The Business Meeting agenda and AAPA committee reports are available here.
You can download the 2019 meeting app here for iOS and here for Android.
The 2019 AAPA meetings (March 27-30, 2019) will be held in Cleveland, Ohio, where you can browse modern art inside a turn-of-the-century transformer station, visit the rock-and-roll hall of fame, and wander through Playhouse square, the largest performing arts center in the United States outside of New York. The main conference hotel, the Hilton Cleveland Downtown, is located in the heart of Cleveland’s vibrant downtown area and is directly connected to the Huntington Convention Center, the 2019 meeting venue. Come and join us for great anthropology, experience the numerous micro-breweries, and enjoy the Cleveland experience where "grit meetings sophistication!" We also welcome our sister organizations who will be meeting with us in Cleveland: the Human Biology Association (HBA), the Paleopathology Association (PPA), the American Association of Anthropological Genetics (AAAG), and the Dental Anthropology Association (DAA).
- Dates: March 27-30, 2019
- Scientific Program Chair: Steve Leigh
- Hosted by: Denise Su and Yohannes Haile-Selassie
- Meeting location: Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland (300 Lakeside Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44113)
- Meeting hotel: Hilton Cleveland Downtown (100 Lakeside Ave East, Cleveland, OH44114). Information for making your room reservations at the AAPA discount rates is available here.
- Local arrangements including getting to Cleveland, city maps, things to do, and places to eat, etc.
- Childcare will be FREE at the meetings, but registration is still required.
Call for Submissions 2019
August 15, 2018 (the deadline has now passed)
October 15, 2018 deadline (the deadline has now passed)
November 15, 2018 deadline (the deadline has now passed)
Other Important Deadlines
January 1, 2019
January 15, 2019
February 1, 2019
February 15, 2019
- Applications for Student Volunteers to help at the meetings (and have their registration fees waived!)
February 22, 2019
March 1, 2019
March 15, 2019
Our sister organizations are also meeting in Cleveland!
Human Biology Association (HBA)
Paleopathology Association (PPA)
American Association of Anthropological Genetics (AAAG)
Dental Anthropology Association (DAA)
Our meeting sponsors