Submitted 1 February 2018 by Leslie Aiello
Vote for Science is part of the March for Science movement. The 2017 March for Science may be over, but the hard work has just begun. We are using the continued momentum of the March for Science to transform our communities and our governments.
On this World Science Day, we are excited to announce our Vote For Science campaign, a new MFS yearlong initiative which aims to bridge the gap between science advocacy and civic engagement.
The clock is ticking to the midterm elections in November 2018 and over the next year, we’re going to mobilize and engage with our elected officials and communities, and give science a voice! But voting for science doesn’t just mean showing up on election day. We have to:
· Have conversations with our communities about why science and science policy matter in our lives.
· Keep in touch with our elected officials at every level, holding them accountable and making sure they know we’re paying attention when they make decisions that affect science, science policy, and our communities.
· Help register more voters, and remind our friends, families, and fellow community members to go to the polls.
Join the March for Science as we take the next step forward in science advocacy: Pledge to Vote for Science.
How to Take the Vote for Science Pledge
1. Take the Pledge to Vote if you haven’t already done so.
2. Share the #VoteforScience Official Campaign Pledge with your social media network. Download our assets below & share sample tweets and posts.
3. Don't forget to check out our awesome Vote for Science pins which were selected by a public vote!
4. Watch out for Weekly Emails starting in December featuring science policy topics and how you can Learn, Share, Join, Act
5. Commit to holding policymakers accountable for good science policy!
Download our Vote For Science Assets & Stand Up for Science
Additional Assets can be Downloaded here. Don’t forget to share via your social networks!
Make Your Voice Be Heard By Sharing Sample Social Posts
It’s time to hold political leaders accountable for supporting good science policy. It’s time we join together and demand that our leaders use science to inform their work. It’s time to #VoteForScience!
On this World Science Day, I took the pledge to defend science. I’m joining March for Science in pledging to hold our leaders accountable for supporting good science policy. I took the pledge to #VoteForScience! Share and repost if you are committed to protecting science!
We marched and now the movement continues. Join me in advocating for evidence-based policy solutions and pledge to hold our elected officials accountable. It’s time to #VoteForScience!
Let’s urge our leaders to support science and evidence-based policy. Let’s unite the science community to #VoteForScience!
We’ve seen the power of voting! Defend science for the common good and pledge to #VoteforScience.
It’s time to take the next step to defend science for the common good. It’s time to #VoteforScience!
If we want our leaders to support science, we have to show them that we’re ready to hold them accountable. It’s time to #VoteforScience!
I pledge to #VoteforScience. Let’s stand up and protect science together.
#VoteforScience means voting for change!
For more information on Vote for Science, visit https://www.sciencevote.org/.
Copyright © 2019 American Association of Physical Anthropologists.
Site programming and administration: Ed Hagen, Department of Anthropology, Washington State University